Running Active@ ERASER: Autoexecute Mode
You can start Active@ ERASER with a DOS auto-executable batch file. Include the command line containing call of the program and parameters.
Follow these steps:
- In the Microsoft DOS screen, open a new autoexec.bat file or edit an existing one with the following command:
The Microsoft DOS file edit screen appears.
- Enter the command line and parameters as needed. Here is an example:
hderaser -erasehdd=80h -erasemethod=6 -passes=1 -ignoreerrors
In the example above, the first detected hard disk will be erased in one pass. Confirmations will be encountered and errors will be ignored.
- Save the autoexec.bat file in the root directory of the system floppy disk and exit the edit utility.
- Remove the floppy from this floppy drive.
- The floppy is now ready for automatic data erasing. To erase data using Autoexecute Mode, follow these steps:
- Go to the machine that requires data erasing
- With the PC power off, insert the Active@ ERASER Automatic Mode floppy disk into drive A:
- Start the PC by turning on the power.
- The PC will indicate booting into DOS. The data erase process will begin.