How to configure Eraser
To configure Active@ Eraser settings:
- Start Active@ Eraser:
- Open Active@ Eraser Settings dialog by doing one of the following:
- Click the Settings button on the toolbar, or
- Choose Settings menu item under View menu, or
- Press Windows Key+Alt+S key combination (by default), or
- Choose Settings menu item from the context menu of Eraser's tray icon
Active@ Eraser Settings dialog will appear:
- Start at Windows Logon — check this option to have Active@ Eraser started automatically every time you log onto the Windows. Always check this option if you have scheduling enabled.
- Confirm operation on manual start — check this option to have confirmation dialog displayed before any Erase/Wipe/Clean Up command is executed by user.
- Confirm operation on scheduled start — check this option to have confirmation dialog displayed before Clean Up command is executed while scheduled.
- Erasing Method — select one of methods for data destruction to be used by default:
- One pass zeros: 1 pass, quick, low security
- One pass random: 1 pass, quick, low security
- US DoD 5220.22-M: 3 passes, slow, high security
- German VSITR: 7 passes, slow, high security
- Russian GOST p50739-95: 5 passes, slow, high security
- Gutmann: 35 passes, very slow, highest security
- Hot Keys — assign hot keys for standard Eraser's operations.
Combination consists of Windows Key + Alt Key + User Defined Key These hot keys are active when Eraser is running (tray icon is displayed)
- Click Ok to apply the Eraser settings.